• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Just bought my first Pitts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Pitts was delivered yesterday by Paul Burnett (highly recommend his ferry services, btw). This is the S-1S from Barnstormers with the flaming paint. Plane is very sweet and very cool, seller was great to work with. Paul had good things to say after flying it up from southern TX to central OK. I'm keen to jump in, but gonna temporarily revert to being a responsible adult and wait until I get some training from Budd. I did taxi it around a bit (no tail-up, just a good brisk clip) which was enough to get a taste of the directional control being noticeably more sensitive than the gentle classic tailwheel models I'm used to (mostly been flying Stinson 108s for the past few years). Been flying since I was a kid, but never flew anything like a Pitts. I'm really looking forward to the new experience!

Matt

Attachments

• 20240521_163221.jpg
    20240521_163221.jpg
    914.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back