• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Life is Good!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StinsonPilot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
But sometimes, it's even better!

I travel a lot for The Boeing Co on AOG jobs. Usually out of country. This time I drew a two month job in Moses Lake Wa just 1 hr flight time from my house.
I drove over last Monday, and Thursday a friend flew over in his 170 to go pick up the Skybolt. He's restoring a Skybolt in the hanger next to mine.
Since I'm working the 8pm to 8am shift, took a few days to get my body on schedule.
Today was beautiful, no wind and sun. Got up a 5pm, grabbed something to eat, and launched to another airport for some fuel, a little sight seeing then to work at Grant County Airport.
I'm keeping the Skybolt at the Moses muni airport at the Jackson Flight Center. They always take good care of me.
When I get off in the morning, well, dang, I have to fly...

Sometimes life if real good!! Although, I had a little trouble getting her down on the 13k long 200' wide runway...Wasn't sure I had enough room.

IMG_20180507_194952723_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180507_195009731_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180506_191904201_LL.jpg

Latest posts

Back