• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

LYCOMING G 0-290 engine for sale

truckdog65

Reaction score
I have a o-290 G converted 0 SMOH when i got it i then tore it down due to the time elapsed since MOH sitting and refreshed from crank up with new bearing cam done fuel pumps P MAGS dual Skytec starter Plane power alternator and wraped headers with smoke nozzles Electric fuel pump Aero carb engine mounts nuts and bolts and a nice little mount..Would like to sell it with the new culver wood prop and bolts or will sell with the metal one it came with. 10.000 takes it. Can run car spark plugs with the Pmags way less expensive than champions or tempest with higher temp burn. contact steve 6159955474

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, not genuinely interested but what horse power does the setup generate? Remember I have an 0-235 with unknown cam issues so am just watching, learning.

TFF1

Reaction score
You may get that much for a G engine, but I think you would be better off selling the acc. and then the engine, or finding a 0-290D case and swapping stuff over. Just the way it is with G engines with more than $3K price tag.

skyboltone

Reaction score
You may get that much for a G engine, but I think you would be better off selling the acc. and then the engine, or finding a 0-290D case and swapping stuff over. Just the way it is with G engines with more than $3K price tag.
I've just been through all the thinking and worrying about this debacle myself. I just couldn't find a way clear to putting money into a case that would never get any respect no matter how well it was built.

I still managed to settle on a morphodite set up though. I'm going with a D2 case with O320 everything else, but the sump, accessory case, mags, carb and tons of little stuff will bolt right over from my GPU converson. I'll still have well under $10K in it though. Larry, have you considered re-building your 235 with 9.7:1 pistons? I think Baxter might have a clean 235 crank for sale. The problem is that you still got at very least $1K worth of parts per hole plus the shop charges. I bought brand new ECI nickel cylinders for about $1100 each. It just didn't make sense to go any other way. For me.

truckdog65

Reaction score
I look at it this way guys it built like a tank internally with massive journals and i put the acc on it with a brand new acc case twin p mags ETC and it should make between 125 and 135hp for 10000 you could not touch a 0320 or aircraft 0290 0 smoh with accessories and a brand new prop on it so it will make someone a great little engine to run on a homebuilt. if that doesnt work i will sell it all together with the EAA biplane its attatched to for 17000,, That will take all of it

TFF1

Reaction score
We are all wishing you well Truckdog; I hope you get every penny. You are the meat of the sandwich though. No matter the quality, your unfinished plane is smack in the middle of flyable single seaters; people dont want to finish projects that far along for top dollar. Just been watching it too long. If it was a round wing Pitts with inverted oil, yes. You would be better off finishing it, painting it red, and putting it up for 25K; it would be gone in a week if past its Phase flight requirements.

truckdog65

Reaction score
I know thanks i wish i had time to finish it im sure it will go for less but i can try if some one has the rite amount it will sell im not that stubborn ive had 3 different planes i know how it works we will see in the mean time getting ready for oshkosh with the wife and trying to finish the annuals and the repairs i have at the shop.

Latest posts