• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Method of goal setting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssmdive

Reaction score
So, I have kinda been running around without a plan on training so far. I have made two CH23 training days this year and one training day before each contest. But I don't really have a plan on how to know what to work on. I know the first thing is to find a coach.... Difficult, but I am working on it.

First I have to ask if judging is always about equal, or are there competitions where the judging is more or less strict? Will a figure that is scored an 8.0 be an 8.0 at most contests, or can judging vary greatly where that exact same figure might be a 7.0 at one and an 9.0 at another contest?

What I am thinking is:
Take the average score from all figures and all flights and compare that average score for all figures to the average score of the individual figures.

My composite average scores for both comps in sportsman this year is 8.08 and figures 5, 6, 7, and 8 are below that average.

So using this method it *seems* pretty clear I need to work on 5, 6, 7, and 8.... At least my reasoning says so..... Am I on track or off base?

Or is it better to instead focus on something else?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back