• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

My panel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDTOO

Reaction score
I've enjoyed seeing all the posts of panels when trying to decide on how I wanted mine so thought I would post what I came up with. A friend has access to a water jet and offered to cut it for me. It turned out great.

My goal was to keep it pretty basic. I printed out pics of gages and layed out a few different versions before coming up with this. When sitting in the pit it felt best for me to have the airspeed and altimeter at top center, tach just to the left with oil pres. and temp. next to it. This seemed to allow for the least amount of head movement (chin drop) when looking from outside to the main instruments. When looking at the tach, the oil pres and temp are right there. The open hole may get a CHT/EGT, not sure but wanted to have the room to expand.

Looks like the ipad mini will work great on a knee board but could also use a ram mount on the tube at the right side. I left the panel bare on that side thinking of an ipad in that area. Now to figure out all the wiring.

IMG_0583 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0598 (800x600).jpg

Latest posts

Back