• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New to me smith project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new Smith project has 6 X 6 wheels on it . I think I'm going to stay with the 6's but I know nothing about the type . Casting on them say Hayes and they are small drum brakes . I'm looking them up to find out more on them and they appear to be a duplicate of the Goodrich wheel and brake . My other two Smith's have 5'' with discs and I don't want to rob them from my other goings on . Trying to keep this one simple and not change everything as temptations lurk . I don't mind the size and can go with a smaller diameter tire and AcroSport II pants . I'm sure some of you here have delt with this wheel and brake set up so I'm open to being educated . Any info at all would forward what I know at this point , and if anyone on the forum here has a set of the Acro II pants , reasonably priced , I might be in . This krap is breakin me quick . Thanx šŸ’

Latest posts

Back