• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extremeheli

Reaction score
New to the forum, thanks for having me. My interest is in the model 12 and the s1-11b. I can't seem to make up my mind. Everytime I get my CC info ready to buy either plans, I change my mind to the other. Any help would be appreciated on my lack of decision making ability l.LOL. What are the quality of aviats s1-11b drawings ? Are they Curtis's drawing, or the aviat changed drawings. Do they still leave room for imagination or are they certified factory build quality ? My quandary with this issue basically comes down to this: with the model 12 you get top notch support, either from Jim or Kevin whom I've only converesed through email, and sites like 2wings with its wealth of build knowledge, excellent kits and parts from the Kimballs. Or, an s1-11. I especially like Udo,s on Steve wolf's site. Really not alot I can find in the way of support I can find for this bird, either build sites or forums. Not any kit parts to speak of except for Rob and Steve. Aviat is out of the ?
Tell me what you think guys. Model 12 or super stinker, given all I've just said in this rant.
WILLIAM G.

Latest posts

Back