• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Old crash...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arizonawrecks

Reaction score
Another request for information! I'm sorry...

Some more very old, fadedphotos I acquired. These 3 photos from a photo album and are marked just "Fred Grieme's Crack-Up".

I have no idea the date, location, or aircraft type. I know that Fred Grieme was a well-known aviator/barnstormer in the teens & 20s, later an airport administrator with CAB.

Does anyone have any information about this crash?

Appears to have a water-cooled machine gun mounted on the wing, or an MG mount. I am assuming it was an Army aircraft?

THANK YOU!!!

-- Chris Baird
www.arizonawrecks.com

20090107_163245_Fred_Grieme_Cra.jpg
20090107_163306_Fred_Grieme_Cra.jpg
20090107_163326_Fred_Grieme_Cra.jpg

Latest posts

Back