• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts 12 with LS1 V8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superD57

Reaction score
Hey !!
New guy here. I'm currently helping my dad finish his BD-4 with a 13B rotorary. We're close to getting done. It's been his dream for over 30 yrs and I just now stepped up to help him finish it.
Anyways, I've always liked the biplanes alot. I'm really interested in building a Pitts Model 12. Fabrication, engines, electrical, paint & metal work are what I do in my job.
I used to work at a Chevrolet dealer back when I was in my twenty's.
Sooo. I'm very fond of the LS1 all alum. I got real excited at this years fun &sun when I saw Budd Warrens LS1 from Geardrives.
My question is,... The Pitts 12 looks like it could handle it I guess and I think it'd just be cool. ( LS1 orLS6 maybe). Budd says it is a little lighter than the standard radial with the same hp or even more. I also like the 12 cause it seems bigger than most biplanes and may be easier to handle but not too small if my wife & I want to go across country.
Any thoughts. Sorry this is so long. 1st time on a forum like this. Thanks.
Edited by: superD57

Latest posts

Back