• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Pitts canopies

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
1 canopy with windshield - $350
1 canopy without windshield - $250
or $500 for both

Both are used but both are factory Pitts. They aren't perfect but they are in good/usable shape. Neither have the frames but the one with the matching windshield has the aluminum windshield strip. Both still retain the airspeed limit and "pull aft to open" stickers.
Located in Yuma AZ. Can meet anywhere near Yuma
Canopy.jpg
or ship at buyers expense.

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Can you measure how long the one is with the windscreen.. if it’ll work on my Skybolt I’d like it

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Sure, bottom edges where the rails mount is 22" long the front is 21" wide and the back is 18.25" wide

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll take the canopy with windscreen if it doesn’t meet cactus’ needs.

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Sounds good. For whoever buys it, I will get it boxed up and can ship it out this coming Saturday.

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
OK let’s give Cactus a day to decide and if he doesn’t snag it we’ll get in touch.

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I will not get home until the 29th so I can't measure my plane. I don't want to hold any of you folks up. So if you can't wait, no hard feelings! Thanks!

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
I can wait, let me know if it will work when you get back cactus, if it doesn't , it's Eric's. Merry Christmas

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all for waiting for me. Alas, I don't think it will fit!

SSkybolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
wu5nu0owjhtxmumkqjv9.jpg

Awesome!!!
It was not long ago, I inquired on Vans Forum about a Catto 3 blade for an RV4 I owned. Catto sent me an open response offering an excellent price on a used prop they had. By the time I called minutes later, someone had jumped in and bought my prop after seeing their response to me on the forum. Catto, apologized and offered a newer and improved model prop for the same price. Nice folks and great to work with.

Summary: You meet the nicest people on a biplane (or Honda) .

Happy New Year

Phil

Pietdriver

Registered Users
Reaction score
I don’t even need the canopy. I just feel that one isn’t a proper pilot unless you have a hangar full of dusty unwanted parts. I can wait if Nicko can. Take your time and happy holidays!
I do need the canopy! May I step in? I would be willing to pay something as well as shipping/handling.

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
You may step in, shipping was too high and Eric is out. I'm not sure where you are but the box would be 23x23x26 15-20lbs shipping from 85367. So far FedEx and USPS are cheapest with a box this size.

Both canopies are still available!

Pietdriver

Registered Users
Reaction score
I’ll arrange some shipping and take those for sure. Thank you.

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Greyhound might be someone to check, and I understand that Fastenall ships as well.

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Greyhound works good. Shipped a Tailwind Mount from MD to WA for $75 for 22#. Fastenal wanted more than either UPS or Fedex

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yep Greyhound is the GO to Place shipping Anvils too! Only way to ship the darn things!

Latest posts