• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S-2A tube question(s) for S-2A Guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LETSJET

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to change out a tube for my newly acquired S-2A, waiting on a parts catalog. Which valve stem configuration does it require? Think it's a 90 degree valve stem, correct guys ? Safe way to jack the plane would be helpful, floor jack work or do I need some know of adapter, here comes the questions everyone.
I added air today and didn't think to look carefully at the stem angle/style. Must have a slow leak so I'll get a tube on order and change it out. This 1973 S-2A s/n 2044 is near mint. How many S-2A's were built? I let Brand Seghetti, one of the previous owners, know that I bought his old plane. Brant flew Sparky a P51 in the Reno Air Races this year and another P-51 Jelly Belly, in previous years. Super good guy, he was my simulator partner about a dozen years ago at CAE in the Hawker 800.

hangar.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back