• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Pitts S1 canopy and windshield

divesailkite

Registered Users
Reaction score
I have a canopy and windshield (no hardware) with the protective film on both sides for an S1. It was never even drilled for hardware installation. This canopy was purchased years ago from the factory, so it's not a aftermarket built canopy. PM me any questions or offers. I imagine shipping will be around $40-$50 just due to the size. Thanks.

beejay

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hi Diver

I am looking for an S1 windshield and canopy, preferably clear.

divesailkite

Registered Users
Reaction score
Both pieces are clear. I also was messaged from another member that they have a set of factory 20 inch rails they will give away, so now it's a complete canopy with hardware

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
divesailkite said:
Both pieces are clear. I also was messaged from another member that they have a set of factory 20 inch rails they will give away, so now it's a complete canopy with hardware
Check PM.

beejay

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hi Eric, what does 'Check PM' signify please?

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Beejay,

"Check PM" just means that I wanted divesailfly to notice that I had sent him a private message.

lanceav8r

Reaction score
Just a tip. Remove the protective covering ASAP. It isn't designed to remain in place for more than a year. You could have problems removing the covering. This was told to me by the manufacturer.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have been wondering what troubles a good friend is going to have. He is building a182 from the data plate and several donor craft. He has some new plastic in place that the paper is in place and has been for several years already and it will be several years until the paper gets removed.

L

PittsDriver68

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My experience is that if the plastic is covered in paper, mineral spirits gets it off. More work than if you do the install and strip the paper right away, but not a huge problem.

Funny how projects drag out. Having to work a job and spend quality time with the family really gets in the way of finishing an airplane.

Best of luck,

Wes

Latest posts