• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Rivet gun and Firewall measurements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to the group
Have to thank Al Rice for his website showing the construction of his Skybolt. Dreading the thought of paying 800.00 to Steen Aero Lab for a firewall I found the website very helpful and decided to take on the project.
I had my doubts of shrinking the Aluminum angle around the firewall outline. However when I started using the Sheet Metal Fabrication Shrinker- Stretcher Combo Set I bought from Eastwood Company off eBay for 205.95 (free shipping). The cost of the tool, the sheet metal and Aluminum from Aircraft Spruce is still under the Steen Aero Lab’s price. I learned a new skill that I will use on other parts of the aircraft. I find one of my biggest hurtles is wondering if the task is within my abilities but once I dive into the project things work out.:)
My first question to the group is what type of Rivet Gun you are using and where you like to purchase them in addition to all the other armamentarium required?:confused:
Second question: The plans show the measurements at the bottom of the firewall for the exhaust stack tunnel as 7 inches left and right of centerline for a total 14 inches in width. What’s the height? What is it’s relation to the lower cross tube at station 0? Is this a decision made when your know your engine choice? :confused:
Thank you
Tim:)

Latest posts

Back