• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

S1 wing tip style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike

Reaction score
Hi AllAfter a little input on wing tips, i have been away from my project for a year or so now but have now got workshop space and time again, my wings have the cut off tips but after looking at the s2c style tips im keen to try before i go any further, i will have enough length on the forward spars but will need to extend the rear spars on top and bottom wings, i am guessing i will be able to splice into these because it is outside of the outer aileron hinge and the stress on the tip will be less than inboard, just wondering if anyone can see any major no no's here with spar strength after in which case i will stick with the squared tips.Cheers Andrew
20120311_043014_DSC02628.JPG

Latest posts

Back