• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sill looking for a small biplane

planegene

Reaction score
Well since my C120 is gonna be down for a while. The wife told me to buy a small biplane to fly while the 120 goes through restoration. I am looking for a Smith Mini Plane, Baby Lakes, Acrosport 1, or? Don't want to spend a lot, let me know what you have.

Gene

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really nice smith mini on barnstormers. Wants 20k but its nice.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It is only 24 hours later! Did I miss this Smith? Can't find it at Barnstormers. As I bought mine from there this year I am always on the lookout for another, just for my own information. I love my Ms. Smith and look forward to her first flight this spring after a complete update of components.

L

planegene

Reaction score
Sill looking for a Smith miniplane, Baby Lakes, Acrosport, possibly an EAA biplane. Let me know what you have.

Chopmo

Reaction score
Don't shy away from an S-1C Pitts. There are lots of them and you get a lot of airplane for the money.

planegene

Reaction score
Chopmo said:
Don't shy away from an S-1C Pitts. There are lots of them and you get a lot of airplane for the money.
I would love to have a S1 but they seem to be a little more money than the others.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of S1-Cs show up under $20,000. You can't build the airframe for that and you would still need cover, paint and an engine.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what's your price range ?

N95334

Registered Users
Reaction score
I do have two Pitts S-1 projects for sale. Buy one the the other free Lol
One is short fuselage was flying with a Lyc O-290 D2 135hp but the pilot landed in tall grass and it went ove on it's back. Damage the vertical tail and upper wing and right gear. The other is a long fuselage the appears to be factory made or made very very well. The wings to it are used S-1D 4 ailerons but modified. Have most parts to finish except an engine and alum skin. Have two cowls. I paid $5000 for both and added another $2000 with flying wires in loaded inst panel and alum turtle deck.

Taildragger

Reaction score
I do have two Pitts S-1 projects for sale. Buy one the the other free Lol
One is short fuselage was flying with a Lyc O-290 D2 135hp but the pilot landed in tall grass and it went ove on it's back. Damage the vertical tail and upper wing and right gear. The other is a long fuselage the appears to be factory made or made very very well. The wings to it are used S-1D 4 ailerons but modified. Have most parts to finish except an engine and alum skin. Have two cowls. I paid $5000 for both and added another $2000 with flying wires in loaded inst panel and alum turtle deck.
Boy, that sounds nice!

Planegene, if you're open to a Pitts that sounds like the way to go.

Latest posts