• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt Crash in Poland

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n51hj

Reaction score
Marek Szufa died shortly after his Skybolt crashed into the water during an airshow in Poland on the 18th of this month.

Marek was a well-known and admired airshow performer and aerobatic instructor and I believe an airline pilot in the Warsaw area. I met him while airport bumming whilevisiting with friends in Warsaw last summer. We knew each other through reputation before that as he had bought his Skybolt in the Midwest several years ago and disassembled it for shipping in a hangar not far from my hangar at ENW. While we didn't meet then, we both heard of each other's Skybolt on the field at the time. He wasvery enthusiastic about any airplanesand happy to talk Skybolts anytime. He will be missed greatly.

Steve Jones
N727GS

Latest posts

Back