• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Stall Characteristics Acrosport 11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertsailor

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback from ACS2 owners on stall characteristics of their particular aircraft.

I purchased mine a few months ago and have been working on it more than flying it but I'm finally at a point where I'm beginning to fly it a bit.

My particular aircraft is the ultimate ***** cat on stalls, it makes something like a Citabria or a Cessna 150 look like a mean machine.

During a power off stall if you bring the stick back slowly until its pinned the aircraft will not break it will just mush in a wings level attitude.

With power on stall its not much different, much higher angle of attack of course and a little break but it really wants to mush and no desire to drop a wing.

Finally with power on and more aggressive on the back stick and a very high angle of attack it stalls with a mild break, again no tendency to drop a wing. When you stall it in a steep turn it gently rolls to level flight, yawn!

Over the years I have flown almost 80 different aircraft and this is bar none the most gentle of the batch and I'm not sure exactly why.

I flew a buddies early Pitts with the flat wing years ago, think it was the same M-6 airfoil as the ACS2 and it was no where near the same. It had a real stall and a normal break but I do remember that before I flew it I was looking over the weight and balance and with my weight I was actually ever so slightly past the aft CofG. The ACS2 on the other hand is really nose heavy so maybe that has something to do with it.

I have been evaluating it just recently in aerobatics and its been a delight, no bad habits and very docile. I have done loops,rolls,hammerheads and spins both ways but I have not snapped it yet and I suspect it is going to be a job to get a decent snap. Have any of you snapped yours and what were the results?

Latest posts

Back