• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

stretching the Skybolt fuselage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taff

In Remembrance 7/14/20200
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a question that Stefan had, in another topic. I think it better to start a new thread.

Question:
One last question and after this I will spook in other topics:
I read about stretching the Skybolt fuselage in different topics. Is it just making the section "XYZ" longer, or is there more needed to be done? For example do I need different blueprints or do I have to reinforce different parts/structure?

Stefan.

I know the plans have changed from the early to the more recient.
I have both sets and there are small diferences.
For example I have seen where the builder has extended the distance from instrument panel to seat back (stretching). Old plans as compared to new plans.
I will have to dig up the old plans to find the date.
Anyway I see quite often that the tube cluster hasn't changed but only the cross bar has been moved back 2 inches to match the now plans.
If you have the new plans then you will build with the langer pilot room.
Only someone who started building from the old set and now realises he needs the extra room (per new plans) will he cut out the cross member and weld in a new one 2 inches to the rear.

Let me know if this is what you are trying to find out.
Cheers
Eric.

Latest posts

Back