• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Training for Sportsman: Suggestions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssmdive

Reaction score
OK, so in other hobbies I know you can easily over do each session. For example in skydiving, doing more than 12 training jumps in a day is often counter productive and you don't get much additional benefit to keep going. Doing less than that leaves opportunity on the table. In shooting you could shoot 1K rounds in a day, but after about 300 you start to lose focus.

Of course as new people start training they often can't even do that many rounds/jumps.

So my questions are:

1. How much acro flight time should I try to do each flight/day? One long flight, three short flights?

2. Should I just do the entire sequence, or should I break it down into sections or just single maneuvers?

What I have been doing is taking off and flying the sequence once or twice then working on either specific maneuvers of doing something else not in the sequence like flat or inverted spins, vertical rolls, inverted flight…whatever. Then I go back and do the sequence again and then shoot some landings. I end up flying 0.8 total most of the time.

What is the common practice for getting the most out of training flights?

Latest posts

Back