• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Ultimate fuel tank question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goonenine

Registered Users
Reaction score
Does anyone know the internal structure of the Ultimate fuel tank?

A couple days ago during preflight inspection, the rubber seal of my fuel cap fell apart and I think a few pieces of rubber went into the fuel tank. I was not anticipating such thing to happen so honestly I only saw some black shadows in a split second. Since I couldn't really find the parts on my hangar floor I'm assuming they went into my fuel tank. I tried to look into the tank via a mirror first and eventually bought an usb borescope camera to look into the tank but I could not spot even one piece of the rubber. The usb cable is hard to control so I'm sure have not scanned through the whole tank either. The missing rubber part is about 1/4 inch (see attached photo comparisons with a dime and a quarter).

Any suggestions on how to get such items out of my fuel tank? It looks like there's not enough space to remove the tank without removing the upper Ultimate wings?

IMG_8283.jpg

IMG_8285.jpg

IMG_8310.jpg

123.jpg

Latest posts

Back