• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Video - I Bought an S1S and Flew it Across the Country!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Hi guys,

I've been a member on here for some time, but I never actually posted anything. However last summer I went to North Carolina and bought my first airplane, an S1S! I opted to personally fly it back home to California, and make a video about the trip. If you want to check that out, feel free to click on the link. However I was looking to get some general info/answers/tips...

-Does anybody know this airplane? N678S Pitts S1S out of KTTA (I believe there is a gentleman on here by the name of Eric who used to hangar his airplane in the same building. I don't think he flies anymore, but if anyone knows this airplane it would be a cool thing to share).

-I'm a brand new aircraft owner, and any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated. Anything from generic oil changes, to Pitts specific quirks to look out for.

-Does anyone use an app/software to remind themselves of maintenance, oil changes, and parachute re-pack due dates? Or is that just something you keep track of in your head?

-Has anybody flown an aerobatic airplane coast to coast? What route did you take? Any similar stories? What did you do different?

-If you do watch the video... I would really appreciate any feedback about the video and/or the flying. Please note that I cut all of the "boring" stuff to keep it interesting to the general public.

And please be easy on me ;) I don't know what I don't know, so I'm just busy learning as much as I can.

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back