• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

What type of Epoxy Paint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbibbey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All, the search bar was not yielding much, so I‘ll ask directly:

What type of surface finish is suitable or recommended for 4130 frame assemblies? I guess the question is then, What do you plan to use for covering? That answer I have no clue about yet. I have several completed assemblies ready for finish, or at least surface primed to inhibit corrosion:
Stabs, Elevators, balance tabs, Rudder which will of course be fabric covered.
(Supposing Matte primer or zinc chromate?)
Some other items which will be finished without covering are:
torque tube, engine mount. elev pushrods, walk beam, reverser.
(Gloss epoxy paint finish?)

Is this something an auto-body place is capable of, media blast also? Yes, a hangar neighbor has the inflatable paint booth in his hangar, but between the paper suit and ventilator, I will pass on that, for now.

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back