• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Wing fuel tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wurzel

Reaction score
Hi guys. My Acroduster II has a fuel tank in the upper wing centre section as well as the main fuel tank in the fuselage. Currently the feed for this goes to a three way selector valve so you can select fuel off/main tank/wing tank. The problem is that the wing tank has no contents gauge so you only know it's empty when the engine splutters - not a very useful solution! My plan is to reroute the wing feed so that it goes, via another selector valve into the main tank (which does have a contents gauge). The idea being that I use fuel from the fuselage tank until it's half empty, then open the transfer valve and feed fuel from the wing tank to refill the fuselage tank. I've checked that the transfer from wing to fuselage tank is quicker than the rate of fuel burnt by the engine.

Does any one else use this system, as I can't see any reference to fuel feeds in the plans I have and the U.K. LAA (who oversea permit aircraft in the UK) are calling this a "modification" and causing me all sorts of problems.

Any advice would be great fully received.

Latest posts

Back