X-plane Version 11 Skybolt/Pitts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CapnWolfe, Nov 8, 2018 at 12:49 AM.

Help Support Biplane Forum by donating:

1. Nov 8, 2018 at 12:49 AM #1

CapnWolfe

CapnWolfe

CapnWolfe

Skybolt Driver Supporting Member

Hi All,

I've been diligently updating the Cessna 140 model for X-plane 11: (Cessna 140) with 100hp but haven't been able to find a good model for the Skybolt or Pitts that's been updated recently (the S2S version for Xplane 11 seems to not work correctly).

Just curious if anyone would be interested in helping develop an X-plane 11 version of the Skybolt or has one already. I'm more a pilot than engineer, or programmer, but would love to have a Skybolt or Pitts in the X-plane 11 list that has accurate flying qualities.

So, just throwing this out there for anyone who might be interested - Any chance we can make or work towards an X-plane 11 Skybolt or Pitts? A 2-D model would be great start. I definitely can't do a 3-D model - I'm not smart enough - but anything is better than nothing. And I have good 2-d cockpit photos to start from :). There is an Xplane 10 version of the Pitts that works but I'd like to update it to 11.

Thanks!

2. Nov 8, 2018 at 3:44 AM #2

Beej

Beej

Beej

Creator of this place Staff Member Administrator

It's been a while since I was into sims. I am sure it would be cool to have a Skybolt in there for some.