• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

A personal question for Pitts pilots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all!

I was curious, what got you prepared for your Pitts?
How many hours did you have? How many hours tailwheel? Any Previous biplane experience?
How old were you?
What were you flying before?
How much dual time did you need before you were comfortable?

Thanks in advance for any responses!
I'm a student pilot hoping to move up to a Pitts in the future and I'm wondering what other pilot's experiences were. the guy who's S2 I've flown learned in a Pitts from day one, but I don't think that's the normal method hahaha.

Jessica

Latest posts

Back