• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Acrosport I Project For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bf92

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
This is a project that I posted about a few months ago. I visited the project recently, and this is what I found:

The entire airframe is complete and ready for cover.
The workmanship is most expertly done, airframe appears to be gas welded with good welds throughout.
Workmanship on the wings is exquisite. Stainless steel drag/anti-drag wires. Metal leading and trailing edges installed, wings ready for cover. Hughes FPL-16A epoxy used throughout.
The ailerons and tail group are covered, but no stitching has been done.
I-struts are included, bare metal.
All streamline wires are included.
New Cleveland 5:00x5 wheels & brakes.
New Maule 6" tailwheel. Cockpit-released tail hook, as no electrical was planned: hand-prop only.
All instruments are new, all plumbing is done.
Fuel tank installed, all plumbing done.
All sheet metal work is done on the fuselage, none on cowling.
New Fred Felix wood prop, 76x51
New windshield and canopy, never installed.
Couldn't find fiberglass wingtips or cowling, but may be in boxes somewhere in storage.

The project has been stored in a garage and a basement, everything is clean, no signs of damage or weathering, it all looks brand new. Dry Utah climate, no exposure to high heat or humidity.
Engine is Lycoming 0-360-A1A, with about 1,470hrs since OH. Manufactured in 1966. The engine was started and run-up fifteen or twenty years ago, and has also been stored inside in dry Utah weather. Logs are complete since new. New Ellison Throttle Body carburetor, installed and plumbed.

Note: The lower-rear wing fittings that are welded to the fuselage are not welded completely around all contact points as you would normally find on a Pitts. They are a little bit different design, however, and have a tab that extends upward from the main body of the fitting, that is welded to the upright tube, so maybe this is a common practice on this design. If I were to buy this project I would complete that weld. Otherwise, everything is very nicely done. As an EAA Tech Counselor, I would give this project an A+. If I were in the market, I would buy it myself.

I told the owner that in my estimation the project is worth $12,000. That is what I would be willing to pay for it. The engine might give the owner 500 hours of good service, or it might need an overhaul before use. It was running good at the time, and had just passed an annual condition inspection. I think the project is worth $12k even if it didn't have an engine.

I have no interest in this project other than helping the owner sell it. I will receive no money, finders fee, or any other consideration. The builder was a friend of mine, who passed away several years ago, and I am just helping the family find a home for this project.

Danny

PM me for owner contact info. Project is located in Salt Lake City, UT

Acrosport Project 007.jpg

Acrosport Project 008.jpg

Acrosport Project 009.jpg

Acrosport Project 011.jpg

Acrosport Project 013.jpg

Acrosport Project 014.jpg

Acrosport Project 015.jpg

Acrosport Project 018.jpg

Acrosport Project 029.jpg

Acrosport Project 031.jpg