• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Another 20-300 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick1881

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker here, ive enjoyed watching everyone build their machines and now i finally get to do the same. I received my 10/20-300 plans from Devin York of York enterprises last week. Great guy so far, he took 15 minutes out of his day to answer every question i could think of at the time. I say he's a great guy "so far" because im sure he'll be sick of me by the end of all this haha.

My background: Im a 3rd generation pilot. My grandfather started out ferrying cubs from Lock Haven back to the midwest where he lived for a bit of adventure. He later used GA as a way to help his sales business starting with a 260 Comanche. That led to a twin Comanche, which ultimately led to a brand new turbo charged Cessna 310Q he bought in 1973. My Father has been flying Corporate for the 45+ years now including flying the 310 for my granddad. Now his, he has put 4000 of the 4400 hours on it. I consider myself very lucky to have been able to grow up in that plane and look forward to buying it from my dad someday, as he did from his. I felt the need to acknowledge them here as they (especially my dad) are responsible for my aviation adventure.

I was introduced to model airplanes very young and have built my fair share and had a lot of fun. A baseball injury in 2008 required a year off to rehab my arm. I got shipped out to CubAir in hartford, WI for 2 weeks to learn how to fly. Owner Steve Krog, now my great friend, took me through my private and i was officially a pilot. Fast forward 5 years (2013) after retiring from baseball, I decided to move from my home in PA to go instruct for Steve in WI. 4 more years and im now a first officer for a domestic airline.

Very excited about getting into aerobatics. I have access to a Stearman and my old man has agreed to begin training me and i hope to compete in Primary this summer at a few events. I cant wait to show up in a stearman haha the looks im gonna get i assume will be priceless.

Enough of that! Im in the initial stages of getting a work shop set up. For now I have a storage unit that will get set up to make all the ribs, spars etc. Im in the process of buying a house as well. The ones Ive looked at so far have all had 2/3 car detached garages that will immediately get turned into a work shop!

Few quick shout outs. Darrin Bishop on 2wings.com, smizo and my good friend Scott (ScottseagleII). Been so awesome/inspiring to watch your builds over the years. being able to see your projects broken down into thousands of smaller tasks gave me the confidence to go after this dream myself. Thanks

Nick

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back