• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Eagle canopy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorebird

Reaction score
My buddy and I willbe needing an Eagle canopy for our project. I've notices a completeS-2 canopy on Barstromers for sale. I knowwe can probably make it work but, is it worth the effort? Anyone out there know the differences between the two designs that can become an issue?

We are planning to finish this Eagle super simple and light with a Pittstypealum wrap cowl w/Piper style nose bowl, light wt 180 hp with a Catto fixed pitch. Anyone have any comments on the wt & balance issues here? We are thinking about fabricating our owneng mount to accommodate these changes.

We have needed a 2 place for a while to share a little mild acro with friends and family so we picked up this Eagle.We're both dedicated Pittsdriversand neither of us haveowned an Eagle. I'll alwaysremember when Gene Soucy showed up with his new factory Eagle at Aero Country Airport in McKinney TX. That Eagle replaced his Curtis built S1. I recall they the team was called the Red Devil's then. I thought the airplane was beautiful but I was never a fan of the cowl.

Any answers are appreciated.

Thanks

DennisEdited by: shorebird

Latest posts

Back