• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and Access the Biplane Forum in Full!

Subscribe Now

Engine Control Securing on the Fuselage Side

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylanxpeters

Registered Users
Reaction score
Gentleman,

My early, short fuse S-1C has a quadrant style mixture & throttle control on the side of the cockpit. A bracket was welded in and the quadrant is installed permanently.

I'm having trouble devising a solid, safe, and clean way to secure the controls on the fuselage side. I've made brackets for the engine side which all is good. I'm using A-920 ACS controls with 10/32 threaded ends, and clevis forks for the cockpit side.

I've attempted just clamping to the tubes, which did not work.

I've attempted building a a riveted box, clamping it to the fuselage tubes, and securing the controls to said box, which almost worked, but is still not tight enough.

I currently don't have access to an acceptable welder to install a steel bracket in, so i've considered instead using vernier controls right into the instrument panel.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have quadrant style controls in their pitts?

Latest posts

Back