• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Fuel and carb issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The other day I went begging for money to buy fuel. My lovely lady said I had already burned up the next 3 weeks grocery money and another remark about don't I want to eat. My reply was well you are putting on a pound or two. I didn't get my gas money so I will probably clean the belly, which is handy as I am sleeping in the hanger.

The Cessna that I owner for almost 3 decades had the trusty 0-200 in it. The FAA, bless em, told us all we had to change the venturi in the carb. I resisted as best I could and relied on the optional inspection to be sure the venturi was still in place. The engines did not run as well unless the emulsion tube was also replaced, an after thought. Mine purred with the old original set up. I now have a lycoming 320 with the ma4 carb. I noticed in the log books that the builder complied with the FAA and changed the venturi. I do not think the engine is as smooth as it should be. Compressions are good, timing and mags. Does this engine/carb have the same issues as the ma3spa did? I have a feeling it would run better with the old system based on my past experience. Of course I am not going down this road without good advice and knowledge.

will

DSC00026.JPG

Latest posts

Back