• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Living the dream

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loopdloops

Reaction score
Well I have been lurking around here for a few years now and have enjoyed the many topics discussed as well as the opinions. I have been fortunate here in the last six months to have met a very talented acro pilot and he has taken me on as a student. With that though I was also been able to buy into a partnership of a Pitts S2A. It is a great plane and has a lot of history. It is a former plane owned by Jim Holland. I have been told that it has also been in a doctromenty on aerobatics with William Shatner. (Captain Kirk) Well this little sweetheart is a joy to fly. I have the takeoffs pretty much licked and some of the basic manuvers down but landing, well thats another story. I have been told it will just click. Sooner would be better than later! Anyway. My "coach", Marty Flournoy is a very talented as well as patient guy. He is a quite southern gentleman who can fly the wings off of a plane. He is also on the 2014 US Unlimited Aerobatic Team. I have been fortunate also to have met all of the 2914 team members and they are a talented bunch. They are all in Slovakia now training for the upcoming competition. So remember to support our team!

Happy skies
Charlie

Latest posts

Back