• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Looking for an S1C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mig17jet

Registered Users
Reaction score
Let me introduce myself. I've been peripherally monitoring this forum for several years. I am a 72 year old pilot who has owned a wide variety of aircraft, including many tail wheel planes. My old website www.mig17.com lists some of my past rides. Missing from it are a number of others, such as my very first, a PT-23, then an SNJ-5B, a Stampe SV4c, and a Bucker Jungmann. I am currently flying a Yak 52 (a great plane) and do Sportsman and Intermediate type aerobatics in it. But I still really want to solo an S1 because it's on my "Bucket List" and in a class all its own. Hey, I'm preaching to the choir. You guys know better than most what I mean. So I would really appreciate some help. If anyone knows of an S1C/S in the Western Region that might be available for purchase, I'd really appreciate it if you would point me in its direction. It doesn't have to be a show plane, just a nice, well maintained aircraft. I would also consider one that been sitting for some time and needs some TLC to get it back in the air. I can be reached through this site. Thanks for your help. George

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back