• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

LSA and Medical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebiplane

Reaction score

for a while now I had a sneaking suspision something was't right with my health. I'm fortunate to have a sister who is a head nurse and she stopped over to explain some test results with me. She just left and two things are all I'm really thinking about right now, my family, and my airplane addiction. I have the family thing covered so I guess I need to come here to figure out the aircraft portion.
The short of it is that I may not pass my next medical, and the one after that I wont pass for sure. I can't begin toexplain how crushing this is right now. This is somethingI have given no thought to and because of that I don't know what to do. If I try for my medical and get turned down it's game over right? I can't have this happen, flying is my passion.

The first thing on my agenda is to figure out the next move.

If i skip my medical i'm restricted to sport pilot right? This really sucks!

Does anybody have any advice? I'm kind of afraid to call the wrong person right now. Any words of encouragement?

One thing for sure, my dream of building a Pitts is over.

Mike

Latest posts

Back