• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New arrival

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defenseman1

Registered Users
Reaction score
It's been over a year since I sold Glens Acroduster (primarily due to the fact my wife was too tall to ride in the front), and flying a Cub has been OK, but I missed the extra wing. Andrew Kolak built an amazing Starduster in Bay City, MI that has been fairly hidden, and when it came up for sale I took the opportunity to pick it up. Andrew is quite a meticulous and talented craftsman. He has also plans built two Wacos (they are amazing, especially the Taperwing). Doug Dodge did much of the welding and had a hand in several design changes on the Starduster to "Pittsilize" it. Ailerons are redesigned along with slaves and hinges, tail feathers are strap hinged, etc etc. It has a wide Pawnee FP prop and beefed/extended main gear. EW still not bad at just under 1300. It truly flys like an S2B with a FP prop. It has 200 hours on it and it's about the nicest thing I've ever flown. Lots of room for the wife as well.

Brian

Latest posts

Back