• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New Builder Introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StardusterSaga

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hello!
My name is Hannah, from Salem, Oregon, and I am currently building a Starduster Too. Dave Baxter wrote a post about me a couple months ago, and I've been meaning to join the forum for a while.

A little back ground, I grew up at KSLE, in fact, certain members of the airport like to claim that "my parents just dumped me there and they had to practically raise me all by themselves" (they're very dramatic).

I learned to fly because I fell in love with the de Havilland Tiger Moth. I had my first official flying lesson in a Starduster Too (N22TF), and decided that a biplane was a most excellent idea. 3 years later I have started building one and hope to get at one or both of the lower wings built this year, depending on how school goes.

I made the decision to go into aircraft restoration, and am currently attending a local A&P program. I also just started working at Aerometal International LLC in Aurora, Oregon short term, recovering DC-3 flight controls, so I only get to work on my airplane on the weekends. I have done some work on aircraft before, and have been helping put new fabric on my dad's Stinson 108. I am very thankful for all the support I have and am looking forward to getting to know the people on this forum.

Hannah

(yes, that is me cleaning the landing gear doors on a Falcon when I was small)

13310414_598036500371286_6817583155445012806_n.jpg

n22tf.jpg

saga1.jpg

saga2.jpg

saga3.jpg

saga4.jpg

Latest posts

Back