• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts check out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAKevin

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Alright Pitts drivers need a little info. I'm getting checked out in a S2B and it seems to me we have been coming ina little fast. Keep in mind its at a busy airport but, I think we should be slowing through 100 over the numbers. We went out and did a few stalls and it falls out of the air at 75, so why 100 over the numbers. I realize if you close the throttle it fall out of the air. The high wing loading?

A few landingI have gotten the plane in perfect position, 3 point waiting for the speed to bleed off and settle in for the perfect greaser and then balloooon. damn. It almost seems like you have to release a little back pressure and let it settle in.
FYI, I amflying back seat.
experiences at 95 cross the numners, assuming you dont flare high?
Thoughts??Edited by: CAKevin

Latest posts

Back