• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S-2A Aileron Hinge Control Arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheyenne

Reaction score
Hello All

I'm a newbie to this forum, and I am currently rebuilding a 1977 Pitts S-2A for one of our Canadian Astronauts. This is not my first S-2A project, however, I only have the "S-2B" manual to work with, ( as usual someone borrowed my S-2A manual for " just a short time ",....a long time ago.

The aircraft was brought to my shop in many pieces, and I am currently assemblying the upper and lower Aileron's. I am having a problem figuring out the position that the Lower Aileron Hinge " Control Arm " should be installed. It seem's that Control Arm can be installed 2 way's,....with that very defined " radius ",..at the Slave Strut bearing end facing downward,...or upward. My instincts tell me that that RADIUS on the one edge of the Control Arm Should face UPWARD, on the lower aileron..is this correct ?? The lower Control Arm, illustratedin the S-2B manual, does not show that radius at the bearing end of the Arm at all.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out with this problem.

Wayne

[email protected]Edited by: cheyenne

Latest posts

Back