• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Question regarding selling a MA4-SPA Carb

freerangequark

Mostly harmless.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have a MA4-SPA Carb in good working order with ~1000 hours SOH, all ADs complied with.

Can anyone give me an idea what it is worth and where best to advertise it?

Thanks,
Glenn

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Glenn, what's the part number on the data plate? With that much time I'd say it's a core price. Check with Aviall or your parts supplier of choice and see what they charge for core exchange on similar carbs.

Thanks

freerangequark

Mostly harmless.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'll get more info when I am at the airport this weekend.

Thanks!

freerangequark

Mostly harmless.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
So... any idea on the value?

Thanks,
Glenn

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty common for many O320"s. You can buy one for about $1000 and the last one I had rebuilt was $750 so core is worth about the difference? Does it have the latest "blue" float? The float AD's on these things is about as convoluted as it can get.

I had a O435 carb on my O290. When I had it rebuild she found an "antique" brass float that was probably original. It was an accident waiting to happen. But by the latest AD it was legal. I replaced it anyway

Latest posts