• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Starlet SA500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTChris

Reaction score
I was looking through the EAA Airventure Museum site and came across a bit about the SA500, it discussed(written by Lou Stolp I believe) doing the initial flight testing and I was enthralled! It said they dove it to 230 MPH and would have gone faster but figured that that would be enough!

I was going to post the link to the article but it appears that they have removed the aircraft from their list! If anyone has a copy or a valid link to the write up it would be greatly appreciated and I am sure alot of you would get a kick out it.
I never really considered the aerobatic capability of the Starlet, or any other parasol for that matter but it was a real strong machine and capable of most aerobatics.

Thanks,
Chris

Latest posts

Back