• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Taking wings and putting back together for shipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcrogers11

Reaction score
As I posted in the Introductions section, I recently purchased my first Pitts, a S1. We are going to pull the wings for shipping from its present home near Buffalo, NY to my home location near the DFW area. The A&P there has agreed to pull the wings and prepare them and the plane for shipping. We will be transporting it in an enclosed car transport van. Aside from the precautions we should take for the securing the wings, are there any other suggestions for transportation?

Also, is there someone in the DFW area that would be interested in helping me rig the wings? I'm fairly knowledgeable when it come to mechanics, but rigging a set of Pitts wings is something I've never done. I'll cover all the cost, gas, food, beer as well an hourly rate if you're an A&P. I live in the Landings airpark (66TE) which is 20 minutes flight time from DFW. I can fly and pick you up if you're interested or you can fly in here.

Thanks to all in advance for your help on this and my future questions, which I imagine will be many.

Don Rogers

M20C Mooney
Pitts S1

Latest posts

Back