• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Windshield out of hibernation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to rummage through the old hanger that I worked in when I was a young man. Talking 40/50 years ago. Wednesday I was given free reign to go and look for things left over from the past, working with an Old time Crop Duster that passed several years back. I had been talking with his son and trying to get together with him for quite some time but weather always seemed to get in the way. To shorten the story, the son recently passed away but his wife was kind enough to allow my rummaging desire to revisit the scene of my younger days. Most everything had between 1/8 or1/4 of dust on it and after sweating while crawling around on a loft, above the old workshop, I looked like I had fallen into a mud hole. The color of the windshield frame could not be seen for the dust , but little momma cleaned it up for me. I wanted to post a picture or two of the old windshield (I believe it to be) off of a Stearman. It's in really solid shape and has real glass in it. Kinda heavy, more so than what I would have thought they would wanted with the extra weight. Out of the several items that I was allowed to retrieve this windshield probably lit me up the most. My wife was a tremendous help as she toted everything to the truck. I never thought I'd own one of these and I wanted to share this with friends of the Forum. Guess ya could call it a Barn Find, I'm excited. šŸ’

Attachments

• Window .jpg
    Window .jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Window II.jpg
    Window II.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Window III.jpg
    Window III.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back