• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Anti-drag wire block issues/questions S-1S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andye

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions for the Pitts gurus... The fabric has just come off, and it appears that my upper wing anti drag wires blocks have shifted outboard approx 1/8". The weird thing is, it appears as though this shift happened when the airplane was built, as the glue/corner block has slid against the spar. I say this because the washers are not deformed, the blocks have no damage and the glued joints are still intact. Also, the plywood on the ribs aft of he rear spar has been pushed out. See picture below.

My questions are, anyone seen this before? what type of wood should I make the new corner blocks out of and does anyone have a source for the thick square washers or are people just making their own out of .120" steel?

For reference, the wings have 500hrs on them, they are from a factory kit and about last 200 hrs has been Advanced contest flying...

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back