• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

    The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Flying Wire Access Cover Tape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.


New Member
Sep 12, 2008
Reaction score
Checking to see it someone has any idea on this. My Pitts has 1" round metal plugs to access back sides of flying/landing wires and has 3.5" clear round tape covering these caps to keep them in place. I don't know what kind of tape this is. It is clear or opaque, very sticky, the tape is slightly pliable and maybe 3-4 mils thick. If electrical was were clear and a bit less pliable, it would be a similar material.
I thought someone might know what is material is and where to find it. I just haven't been able to locate any such material.

Thanks in advance!
Wells Morse

Latest posts