• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New Pitts S-1C owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venio

Reaction score
Hello gang, It's been many years that I've dreamed about getting a Pitts. Last week that became reality and now I own a 1969 S-1C that is in my opinion, a pretty nice bird. The plane, as many others, had an accident back 20 years ago but it was rebuild quite nice.

View media item 7280
View media item 7279
There is not much need to do to it. I'm definitely changing the harness which now is an old military one with pretty loose latch with a ratchet Hooker. The other things I need to fix are the rudder pedals and to add the missing rudder cable adjustment plate.

Right now the plane is modified to use Cessna rudder pedals. I really don't mind them, however, there is one big issue with them. They protrude about 1 - 1 1/2 inch from where the original design with tubular pedals would have been. With me being 6' 1" every bit of real estate is precious.

I've looked at the plans and they call for a part 510-023 or 1-510-23 rudder plate that is missing on my plane. I'd like to make it as it will be easier to adjust the rudder cable. Neither the plans or the parts catalog list material or dimensions. This will be my starting point so I'll appreciate your help here.

Latest posts

Back