• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S1-S vs Dr-107 One Design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martenare

Reaction score
I am thinking of building an aerobatic aircraft and the Pitts S1-S and One Design are at the top of my list so I thought I would get you guys to help me decide.

I would like to know what you think about the following:

Which one is the easiest to build (from scratch)?
Which one would be the cheapest to build(with the same engine)?
How do they compare in the air?
How long is the One Design's spar? (my workshop is 18'6" so could I build it in there?)

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back