• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pitts S2C 2001 Project (Less FWF)

andrewrichards

Reaction score
123.7 Hour Total on the airframe.

Does have some damage history (water)

Log books, data plate etc included. Open to offers circa $45,000 AUD including packing ready for shipping worldwide. Will need a 40' container, est $4,000 to 4,500 to US depending on location. Would need to obtain a more specific quote. 40' was $6,400 to South Africa and recently shipped a 20' container to France for $2,800.

Airframe

Fuselage bead blasted and new powder coat (black)
New Factory Smoke System - installed
Switches, breakers (included)
New wiring (some new wire included)
Cover
Paint
Some cowl sheet metal
Other items as required

Wings

Cover removed and inspected
Some fittings removed and powdercoated

What they will need:

Hardware replaced
Remaining fittings removed and coated
Cover
Paint
1 aileron leading edge
Other items as required

Miscellaneous

Some Hardware (an hardware, terminals)
New Bungees
Wire
Bungee tool
Factory exhaust (including new pipes for smoke)
Spare exhaust to suit AEIO-540
Christen Inverted Oil System

View 200 photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pittss2c/

(Engine and propeller in photos not included)

andrewrichards

Reaction score
$45,000 AUD shipped to the US. Other locations by negotiation.

Need to sell.

Pm or email [email protected]

Several sales fallen through due buyer funds. Crated ready to load into container.

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Need it gone within a week. $60k AUD shipped to any port in the US including the engine!

The engine is disassembled, new crank, cylinders tagged, overhaul kit ( gaskets, bearings, rings, conrod nuts and bolts etc). New fuel pump, divider overhauled, injectors sonic cleaned and tested.

I had the mags and servo done last month, they have the CASA Form 1 (same as 8130-3) and new fuel pump.

The cam was ground and tagged in 2003, not stored properly and has a bit of surface corrosion. Will need to be done again.

The engine is the original off the Pitts, new in 1999 and around 125 hours total time since new.

Have a spare exhaust for an AEIO-540 with smoke injectors and other bits and pieces I will put in.

I really need the space!

Parky109

Reaction score
What about the prop, and what other big expensive bits would you need to finish?

andrewrichards

Reaction score
No prop, it was sold. I planned on putting an MT on it, quote with discount for a new 3 blade with custom color and spinner was $12,800 USD through Flight Resources.

The mags and servo have been done, was a fair bit in that. Divider and injectors also done by Don at Airflow.

No other big ticket items, will need a comm - overhauled digital is about $1300 and a transponder if you need one.

Prop governor

Lower cowl panels are bent, new louvers are included. The bent ones are there for a template or $345 was the quote from Aviat.

Cam regrind in the US is about $200

Most of the new wing hardware is there, breakers, switches, wire etc. I would recommend that the wing bearings be replaces. Haven't got a quote on those.

Will need a new wooden seat back, not sure where that ended up.

Then there will be g meter, MP gauge for the rear an other small bits and pieces.

Call Nick Gill (on the forum) for a price to assemble the engine. He gave me super price.

Then cover and paint.

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Price reduced to $55k AUD shipped to any port in USA including engine. Price is firm.

Need to sell and ship quickly, need hangar space.

DragonflyDH90

Reaction score
Oh I wish the timing were better Andrew otherwise you could well have a buyer.

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Thanks, im pretty desperate for space so needs to go!

Last edited:

lanceav8r

Reaction score
I really would love to have this project. Wish the timing was a little different for me too. Would love to take this and just put Wolf wings on it and convert it to a single seat.

Thanks, im pretty desperate for space so needs to go!

Grasshopper22

Reaction score
If I can find a buyer for my S-2B, I think I may be interested in your -C project. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

VH-ASF

Reaction score
Andrew, is the S2C project still available?
Cheers
Wayne

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Hi Wayne

I will send you a PM tomorrow. The rebuild is well progressed now, engine went on the test stand lady week. Panels painted and the fabric will start on Monday.

Andrew

Latest posts