• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Smith Mini Pilots/Owners performance numbers request

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Graber

Reaction score
I have a Smith that I’m finishing up the reassembly and inspection of. Getting it ready to fly the first time.

Trying to minimize surprises, I’m gathering as much info as possible. To that end, I’d like to ask for V-speeds and distances in the Smith’s you fly. I’m aware that this will vary airplane to airplane, with rigging, etc.

My Smith has a O-235 with a climb pitched prop (70/42)

Specifically what are the numbers you use for the following: Vs, Vne, Va, Vx, Vy. real world take off distance, real world landing distance, pattern speed, climb rate. What is the minimum runway (grass/pavement) length you are comfortable with.

Thanks

Here is photo of my Smith Mini, just because a post is more interesting with a photo.

IMG_4971.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back