• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

What do I do now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc8mech

Reaction score
Evening Folks,

Many reasons for going to S-n-F. Biggest reason was to pick up wing spars for the 'Bolt. There is more than just the spars. In the pile of junk also have all the wing fittings that I can think of, some duplicates, leading egde skin, trailing edges, drag/anti drag wires, plywood, interplane strut material(streamline tubing), and a box of plywood ribs.
Now my quandry. Stick with the plywood ribs and press on completing the lower right wing, and then the other two wings? Do I stay with the external flying wire fittings? Or tear down the right lower wing, save the spars, install built up ribs and go with internal flying wire fittings?
Looking through the SAL price list seems I have stumbled upon the plywood wing kit. Newspaper wrapped around some of the fittings dates this project from 1988 or there about. Later, Erich

Latest posts

Back